1. The property hereby conveyed shall not be used except for residential purposes and no building shall be erected, altered, placed or permitted to remain on any lot other than one detached sing-family dwelling not to exceed two and one-half stories in height and a private garage for not more than two cars.
2. No building shall be erected, placed or altered on any lot until the construction plans and specifications and a plan showing the location of the structure have been approved by the public authority charged with the responsibility in the particular jurisdiction with permits for construction.
3. That no dwelling shall be erected upon any lot hereby conveyed with a floor area of less than one thousand feet.
4. No building shall be located on any lot nearer to the front line or nearer to the side street line than the minimum building setback lines on the recorded plat, and all such buildings shall comply with the Park and Planning Commission
5. No noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any lot, nor shall anything be done thereon which may be or may become annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood.
6. No structure of a temporary character, trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn or other outbuilding shall be used on any lot at any time as a residence either temporarily or permanently.
7. No sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any lot except one professional sign of not more than one square foot, one sign of not more than five square feet advertising the property for sale or rent, or signs used by a builder to advertise the property during the construction and sales period.
8. No animals, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred, or kept on any lot, except that dogs, cats, or other household pets may be kept provided that they are not kept, bred or maintained for any commercial purposes.
9. No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish. Trash, garbage, or other waste shall not be kept except in sanitary containers. All incinerators or other equipment for the storage or disposal or such material shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
10. No wall except such retaining walls as are necessary to take care of the ground elevation, no fence, hedge or shrub planting in excess of twenty-four inches in height shall be installed on the property hereby conveyed except that nothing herein contained shall prohibit installation of such fence or planting around the back yard of said property in which event said fence or planting shall not exceed four feet in height. Any retaining wall permitted as herein provided shall be constructed of brick or stone.
11. These covenants are to run with the land and shall be binding on all parties and all persons claiming under them for a period of twenty-five years from the date of these covenants are recorded, after which time said covenants shall be automatically extended for successive periods of ten years unless an instrument signed by a majority of the then owners of the lots has been recorded, agreeing to change said covenants in whole or in part
12. Enforcement shall be by proceedings at law or in equity against any person or persons violating or attempting to violate any covenant either to restrain violation or to recover damages.
13. Invalidation of any of these covenants by judgment or court order shall in no wise affect any of the other provisions which shall remain in full force and effect.